Meade 6" Newtonian Reflector OTA
Meade LX70 R6 6" f/5 Newtonian Reflector
Optical Tube Assembly
The Meade LX70 6" Newtonian Reflector OTA is equipped with a high-quality f/5 parabolic primary mirror. This fast f/5 optical system provides spectacular wide-field images for the discriminating deep-sky observer and astrophotographer. This model 270021 Newtonian Telescope OTA by Meade has a big enough aperture (6") to allow you to see faint celestial objects while still being small and portable enough to take with you on your next astronomical outing or to your favorite star party.
The 6" aperture allows the Meade 6” Newtonian reflector to resolve details down to 0.76 arcsecond across. Celestial objects can be viewed using the two included 1.25" Plossl eyepieces (9 mm & 26 mm). The 6x30 optical finder scope with cross hair reticle makes locating faint objects quick and easy.
This Meade LX70 R6 Newtonian Reflector consists of just an Optical Tube Assembly, and does not include a mount or tripod. You can mount this scope on any mounting you already have or purchase a mount and tripod separately.
- Clear Aperture: 150 mm (6")
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector, Parabolic Primary
- Focal Length: 750 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Resolving Power (Dawes): 0.760 arcsecond
- Viewfinder: 6x30 finder scope with cross hair reticle
- Eyepieces: 2 x 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, 9 mm & 26 mm
- Focuser: 2" Crayford with 1.25" adapter
- Dovetail Rail: Vixen style dovetail with 2 cradle rings