CELESTRON CPC 800 Celestron 800 GPS (XLT) (USED) COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE
In Mint Condition! All original accessories included
(no Telrad or Right angle)
The Celestron CPC telescopes use an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude.
The CPC 800 GPS XLT is a portable telescope that includes Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings. This telescope is at home as a powerful visual instrument or as a serious astrophotographer's tool. Turn the Celestron CPC 800 telescope towards planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and, Pluto are within your reach!
The Celestron CPC telescopes use an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the Celestron CPC's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply use the NexStar+ hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once your telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE CELESTRON CPC 800 GPS XLT
- The Celestron CPC 800 telescope is an 8-inch diffraction-limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT optical coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm alt-azimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar+ computer control technology includes a 40,000 object database, 400 user-definable objects, and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- This custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2-inch steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process and 9x50 optical finderscope is also included.
- Flash upgradeable software for the hand control and motor control units lets you download product updates over the Internet which include the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location with the sturdy handles. Easily use the large levers and knobs. And the star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- The Permanent PEC software feature and a convenient remote hand control holder allow you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with the RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
- 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain Design.
- Focal Length - 2032 mm.
- 50 mm Finderscope w/quick release bracket.
- Dual Fork Arm Mount.
- Aluminum Optical Tube.
- 40 mm Plossl (51x) Eyepiece.
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- Accessory tray Leg Brace/ Eyepiece holder.
- Heavy Duty Steel Adjustable Tripod.
- Car battery power adapter.
- NexStar Computer Control System.
- RS-232 communication port on hand control.
- Aux Port, Autoguide Ports.
- Highest Useful Magnification - 480x.
- Lowest Useful Magnification - 29x.
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude - 14.
- Resolution - Rayleigh 0.68 arcsec.
- Dawes Limit - 0.57 arcsec.
- Photographic Resolution - 200 line/mm.
- Light Gathering Power - 843x unaided eye.
- Field of View - standard eyepiece 0.8 degrees.
- Linear FOV (@1000 yards) - 42 feet.
- Starbright XLT Coatings.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction - 2.7 inches.
- by Area - 11%.
- by Diameter - 34%.
- Optical tube length - 17 inches.
- DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes.
- Resolution 0.1406 arcsec.
- Nine slew speeds - 3 degrees, 2 degrees and 0.5 degrees per second, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x.
- Software precision 24-bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations.
- Sidereal, solar, and lunar tracking rates.
- 40,000 object database.
- Altazimuth, Equatorial North and South tracking modes.
- SkyAlign, Auto two-star align, one-star align, EQ align, solar system align.
- Periodic Error Correction Permanently Programmable.
- Dual fork arm, cast aluminum w/ detachable HC cradle.
- 5.625-inch hard anodized gear in both axes, 180 tooth, brass worm.
- 9.8-inch azimuth bearing.
- Telescope Weight - 42 lb.
- Tripod/Mount Weight - 19 lb.
- Power Requirements - 12VDC at 1.5A.
- Cord Management - Software Managed.