Telescope Engineering TEC APO140FL 140mm F7 Triplet Refractor
TEC’s most popular telescope. It fits everyone’s needs. This Telescope is light weight, portable, and is optimal for visual and CCD imaging. It is one of the best telescopes for its size on the market.
Owing homage to one of TEC’s earliest designs, the APO140ED, the APO140FL F/7debuted in 2017 and has quickly become TEC’s most popular model.
- The APO140FL F/7 features an oil-spaced apochromatic-triplet objective with a Fluorite (CaF2) middle element, resulting in color correction that is optimized for visual use and imaging. This oil-spaced triplet design in combination with multi-layer coatings on all surfaces of the objective ensure maximal light transmission.
- The objective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Further, the crisp all white assembly projects the elegant, handcrafted quality that TEC is known for. Expect deep contrast and rich, natural color out of this compact and timeless design.
- Each APO140FL F/7 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces and mounts.
In classic refractor fashion, the TEC APO140FL F/7 is a no compromise, no frills design that lets the wonders of nature speak for themselves. The TEC APO140FL F/7 costs $6,600, including an initial $1,600 refundable deposit.
- Precision adjustable Tube Rings
- 9” Dovetail Plate and Carry Handle facilitate easy transportation and fit seamlessly with most mounts.
- Focal Reducer Corrector converts the F/7 Ratio to F/6.2 with a 115mm back focus.
- Compact Carry Case that eases transport between observation locations.
- 10×60 Baader Vario Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.