Skywatcher 80mm ED APO Refractor OTA
Black Diamond ED80/600 OTA, LET 2"-28mm eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope, 2" dielectric diagonal, dual-speed crayford focuser, tube rings, dovetail, aluminum case
The new Skywatcher ED Apochromatic refractors in their stunning Black-Diamond livery, house premium optics of the same quality and performance level as our now legendary Equinox series, making them superb instruments for both imaging and visual observations.
Apochromatic Refractors, due to their unobstructed, text-book like diffraction patterns, produce the sharpest, highest quality optical imaging available, bar-none, aperture for aperture, of any telescope optical system.
These high-end telescopes all feature a doublet objective lens. One element is made from premium Japanese Ohara FPL-53 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass, which virtually eliminates chromatic aberration to deliver true colour reproduction. Top quality Schott glass is utilized for the Crown element.
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied, to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%!!
The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
- Magnification with Eyepieces Supplied: x21
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x240
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 600mm (f/7.5)
- Eyepiece Supplied (2"): 28mm LET
- 2” Di-Electric Star Diagonal
- Dual-Speed 2” Crayford Focuser
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Aluminium Carrying Case with foam padding
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens Supplied with Tube Rings & Mounting Plate